This morning was very nice outside. Just a bit of a breeze but felt really good. I finally get Jonas into the jogging stroller to go for a jog (which takes some effort since he's decided that he doesn't like getting in there anymore) and we go for a jog. I was about 2/3 of the way through my jog when this psycho dog comes out of no where, running loose, and starts barking at us in a really mean way. I would probably have just kept jogging and tried to stay calm but he looked like he was going to go after Jonas so I start running as fast as I can and yelling at the dog to go away. He's chasing us and looks and sounds like he's after some blood growling and showing his teeth at us. This all probably looked really funny to anyone watching but oh well. James has told me before that it's better to not run from a mean dog but in that fight or flight response moment I usually end up just running away as fast as I can. This isn't the first time we've had a mean dog who was just loose in the neighborhood trying to bite us either. I've always had dogophobia (just ask my mom), and my recent experiences aren't helping me overcome that at all. Jonas on the other hand, just loves them. He's a lot more scared of people than he is of dogs. It really didn't bother him that this mean dog wanted to kill us. He just found it amusing. He loves animals and got to see some this weekend at this farm that we went to. It was very nice weather and they had lots of activities for kids. We got to go on a hay ride, pick pumpkins, and pet some animals. Then we went pretty much straight from that farm to the one that the church owns for the youth activity where James had been asked to give a talk about proper dating. You can probably imagine how amusing it was. He did a great job. He's been very busy with work, callings, and helping the missionaries but still finds time to be with us too.
heart theme
Wednesday, October 17, 2007
This morning was very nice outside. Just a bit of a breeze but felt really good. I finally get Jonas into the jogging stroller to go for a jog (which takes some effort since he's decided that he doesn't like getting in there anymore) and we go for a jog. I was about 2/3 of the way through my jog when this psycho dog comes out of no where, running loose, and starts barking at us in a really mean way. I would probably have just kept jogging and tried to stay calm but he looked like he was going to go after Jonas so I start running as fast as I can and yelling at the dog to go away. He's chasing us and looks and sounds like he's after some blood growling and showing his teeth at us. This all probably looked really funny to anyone watching but oh well. James has told me before that it's better to not run from a mean dog but in that fight or flight response moment I usually end up just running away as fast as I can. This isn't the first time we've had a mean dog who was just loose in the neighborhood trying to bite us either. I've always had dogophobia (just ask my mom), and my recent experiences aren't helping me overcome that at all. Jonas on the other hand, just loves them. He's a lot more scared of people than he is of dogs. It really didn't bother him that this mean dog wanted to kill us. He just found it amusing. He loves animals and got to see some this weekend at this farm that we went to. It was very nice weather and they had lots of activities for kids. We got to go on a hay ride, pick pumpkins, and pet some animals. Then we went pretty much straight from that farm to the one that the church owns for the youth activity where James had been asked to give a talk about proper dating. You can probably imagine how amusing it was. He did a great job. He's been very busy with work, callings, and helping the missionaries but still finds time to be with us too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
You should pack a gun in case you meet another mean dog....lol, j/k.
The pumpkin patch looksl like fun.
Good idea.The gun would probably be more effective than the mini baseball bat James suggested.
The first time a dog came at me when I was running and pushing a jogging stroller, I instinctively placed the stroller between me and the dog (like a weapon?)--completely forgetting my child was in the seat. Luckily it wasn't a mean dog, but I still haven't lived that down (Bethany Godfrey was with me). Oops.
Oops. The above comment was from the "secret identity" me.
It looks like you guys have been having lots of fun lately being out-of-doors and Jonas looks so grown up in his little turtleneck! We miss you guys and would love to get together soon- are you available in the next week or so? Let us know! Maybe we can go do some Nashville exploring together!
Thats funny polliwog. The mean dogs thing is sure a difficult part of running outside. I'm not sure how to handle it.
Oh Amber, I'm with you. I've always had a fear of stray dogs. Remember how Rob Tester would say he saw a lot of dog bites in kids' eyes during his opthomaology rotation. I'm glad we found your blog. We've wondered how you're doing. We have a blog at
http://www.danandcourtney.org/Personal_Site/Journal/Journal.html
The Pecks
So did you get away unharmed? I share your dogophobia and dread the day when we move into our own house and Brett gets his dream dog.
Jonas is such a little man now, I hardly recognize him anymore!
Yes Mama Bear I did get away unharmed. BARElY! Actually it probably wasn't as dramatic and what I felt it was. The dog wasn't very big but he still had teeth!
Jonas looks so cute and grown up! And yup, I have a dogophobia too. I was chased by enough viscious ones on the mission to cure me of my even slight regard for dogs forever. Foul beasts.
Post a Comment