I'll probably be cursing myself for a while over the next few months, but I decided to make one of my goals this year to complete the Country Music half-marathon in Nashville in April. This is an attempt to motivate myself to get in shape. I love running but I need a motivator. So far, I'm motivated and so is James cause I talked him into running it with me. He's gonna really enjoy all that nice country music while he's running. There are supposed to be live bands playing for the runners along the way. I've started working out on post and it's so nice to have a place to run where it's not cold and I don't have to worry about killer dogs. Wish me luck.
Jonas had a hard time when we got back from vacation. The terrible two's syndrome was in full swing for a while and he was spending a lot of time in time out. However I think, although it's nowhere near over, that he might have learned some things because he's been a lot better the last couple of days. He's really picking up on a lot of our expressions. He was trying to get my attention the other day as I was walking down the hall. I was just trying to get some things done and I guess not paying enough attention to what he was saying cause he followed be down the hall saying "look at me Amber, look at me!" I'm so grateful to have a little one that cracks me up every day.
3 comments:
Nice new background! It looks really good. I know what you mean about the picking up on expressions thing because Caleb is doing it all the time now. Drew and I will look at each other when Caleb says something like that and then burst out laughing. Having kids can be very entertaining! Congrats and good luck on the music city half- we both did it last year and it was actually fun. The atmosphere I mean.
Wow...my old running buddy attempting a half marathon....I'm so proud of you! I'm still workin up the guts to do a 5K!
I think Jonas is going through "post vacation attention withdrawls" since grandma and grandpa are no longer there to spoil him rotten. It happens to my kids after every trip!
I love the background. As far as the running - YOU GO GIRL! You're an inspiration! Maybe the country music will make James run faster...
Post a Comment