I looove to throw these tiny rocks!
Who needs legs?
I took Jonas to the playground a couple of weeks ago to get these pictures. He is doing a lot more lately, learning so fast. He was climbing up this curved ladder at the playground and my tendency to be a helicopter mom was kicking in, but I let him try it and he made it up and back down a few times.It surprised me because often he's pretty cautious to try new things. He is now also very good at using the mouse on his leapfrog computer game. Just a couple of weeks ago he needed our help to play the games that used the little computer mouse but now he can play on his own and would do it all day if I let him. He is excited to go camping now that the weather is warm. He is also very into four wheeling in papa's truck or boony bouncin as James taught him to call it. Jonas once asked me if I would take him boony bouncin and I told him that only Papa knows how. Later he asked James to take him boony bouncin and James agreed and then Jonas said, "YOU know how". Of course with all this new learning also comes the desire to do everything independently, and have things his way. Jonas has always been very strong willed (wonder where he gets that from? =) I had my first experience with leaving my items where they were in the grocery store and dragging out a screaming flailing child to the car with many onlookers. Of course the fun times far outweigh the difficult and I just try to remind myself that he is still learning how not to be a little monster. Most of the time he does pretty well especially if his mom makes sure he gets enough sleep.
4 comments:
I love this entry- I could probably just copy and paste it to mine and it would be applicable! I definitely know what you mean by the helicopter mom syndrome. It's so hard to just let him learn from experience!!! We need to get the kids together soon! Give me a call whenever.
Jonas is growing so much and Eli wouldn't do a lot of those things (playground stuff) until recently. That's amazing he's doing so much so quickly!
As far as the dragging kids out to the car from the store because of a fit . . .Eli does that to me constantly. Sometimes even during church. One of the worst was in a Fred Meyer and the whole way out he was hitting, biting, and kicking me (I got more sympathetic smiles then judgemental glares that time) and when he kicked so hard his shoe went flying off, I told him he would have to go around without shoes in the cold from then on. Boy, did that cause an even bigger scene, but being the meanie I am, I enjoyed that I made him sweat a little. Oh, of course I went back and retrieved the shoe, although I did make him walk through the grass and muddy,cold rain water barefoot to get into the house to teach him a lesson. . .I think it worked.
He's getting so big and grown-up. He looked like he was holding his own on the bars there. I so wish you lived in Utah, or we lived closer together. I'm glad for the blogging, cuz it's fun to read your blog and Angie's and Diana's, well and EVERYONE's. It's so fun to catch up and to get little glimpses of all of our different families and lives.
Yeah, and I've had those grocery store moments too, except my kids used to hide from me. It would freak me out. So now, I wait until Ry comes home to go shopping. Too many almost heart attacks and ulcers from the stress of wondering if they were kidnapped or not. Horrible. Such is motherhood. Don't we love it?!
Hey Amber! I rarely take my kids shopping alone anymore either. I try to go with Randy. Or I send him for me since I'm such a tired, pregnant bumm lately. :) (Only 9 more days until induction. Yahoo!) Anyways, one time I had to carry Isabelle out to the car screaming the whole time, with my big pregnant belly. I got lots of sympathetic looks. Luckily Randy was with me and he could stay in the store with Abby and finish up. Isabelle stayed in the car (with me outside of it) screaming until we left. Fun! She was going through a stage where she wanted me to buy her everything she saw. Luckily that's over now. :)
Post a Comment