This month is what James calls celebrate Amber month. I have my birthday, our anniversary, and mothers day all within about a week and a half of each other. This is fun for me but then ya know all my special days are clumped together and James has a hard time thinking of what to get me for all three days at once. It's very stressful for him. But he does a great job. We planned on going to a rodeo on my birthday but a tornado came through and touched down at the fair grounds that night effectively canceling anything planned there. We ended up eating dinner with some friends and I got to play guitar hero for the first time. Yeah I wasn't very good but it was fun.
Then for our anniversary we had a hard time finding a babysitter at first, but we did eventually find some friends that watched Jonas for us while we went to a movie. We saw Iron Man cause everyone's been saying that it's just soo good. Then we picked Jonas up and went to a nice restaurant. For mother's day I woke up at 4 to a screaming child, went to church and chased after some 2 year olds in nursery trying to get them to make a mother's day card for their mothers and to keep their shoes on and not turn off the light etc etc etc. The rest of the day was nice. Talking to moms and just hanging out. So now I'm thirty years old, I've been married for 5 yrs., and I've got an awsome little boy who makes me so happy every day even though he wakes me up waaaay to early. Most friends and family know this by now but we are also expecting baby #2 in December. We are so excited and happy about being able to add to our family. Jonas is also excited and consistently will tell us when we ask him that he'd rather had a little brother than a little sister. He wants to name him Leo, Quincey, or Rocket. Can you tell what he's obssessed with right now? Well if you aren't into watching kiddie movies, it's the little einstiens. He even told us that he can learn little Rocket how to shoot his dart gun.
I also have to say that I'm so grateful for my husband.I can't believe that we've been married for 5 yrs. It's gone by so fast. James has accomplished a lot and I'm grateful for how motivated he is. Around our house I'm more of the procrastinator and James gets things done. He is very patient to put up with my moods too. Especially my pregnant moods. He doesn't let a day go by without telling me that he loves me and thanking me for making food for him. That's definitely the way to his heart! I can even occasionally get him to watch a chick flick with me. These are just a few of the reasons I love him, but I don't want to get too mushy on my blog. Well,celebrate Amber week is over for this year so I'll guess I'll start looking forward to Christmas :)
8 comments:
Happy Amber Month! Sounds like your hubby did a good job of showing you how special you are.
Congratulations on #2! I hope you are feeling good. :)
Happy Amber's Month! I hope you're coping well with all the changes. I also hope no more tornadoes get too close! Sounds like a country song "The tornado touched down on my birthday rodeo..." Love you guys!
Greg just told me this like last week. I am so excited for you guys. Can't wait to find out what you're having!!!!
Congrats on #2! I hope you are feeling well! Happy Amber week as well! It sounds like you had a pretty good week overall!
I love that- so Happy Amber Month! It was great talking to you the other night! We are really happy for you guys. Lots of changes coming up soon for your family. Can't wait to see you guys again soon!
I'm slow in checking your blog, but I'm so glad that I did today.....YEAH for baby #2!!! That is great news! Jonas will be a great big brother. Any news on where you are moving next??
Congradulations on baby #2. I still remember when I met you and you were pregnant with Jonas. I can't believe that big baby came out of such a tiny girl. You know they say that each baby is bigger then the one before! Good Luck!
Yay, so excited for you!! Hope you aren't feeling sick and are rejuvenated by your very own month. We sometimes celebrate "Happy National Be-Nice-to-(insert name here) Day" when someone needs a pick-me-up. Sounds like we should just make it permanent and start naming months after them instead... :) Miss you guys as always!
Post a Comment