heart theme

Friday, June 13, 2008

stawberries







We took a short trip to the local stawberry patch and got to pick a ton of delicous and perfectly ripe strawberries. They were soo good that I didn't want to buy strawberries at the store yesterday because I knew they would be nothing like the fresh strawberries we got to enjoy from the strawberry patch. We had to eat them fast cause they were ready to be eaten. We also made some freezer jam out of them which was my first attempt at making jam. I know it's the easiest kind to make but I'm still proud of myself. James helped a lot too. Jonas loved going to the strawberry patch and still talks about it. He of course ended up with lots of strawberry juice all over his shirt as he ate way more than he picked. We also had to give him a lesson about which strawberries were actually ripe and that if they were still green not to pick them. It didn't really sink in but oh well. He also had fun feeding the sheep there.
I've decided that I love supporting local produce. It's just so much better cause it's fresh. Time to find the local farmer's market.

5 comments:

melmommy said...

so cute. I want to go to a strawberry patch. Strawberries are so expensive and the grocery store. Looks like fun.

Melanie said...

That looks so fun! I have to find one of those around here. In fact, I'm just itching for the day when I can go raspberry and blackberry picking. Fun photos and congrats on the jam! I'll bet it's yummy!

Mamu Lou said...

That looks like so much fun! And they sound delicious- you're making me hungry!! Maybe we'll have to get together and go strawberry pickin' one of these days!

Treadways said...

Jonas looks SOOOOO big! Good job on the jam - next salsa! :] Miss you guys! Love, Di

Angie said...

Jonas has grown up so much. I wouldn't have even recognized him. He's a cutie! It looks like you guys had fun. I love summer because we can finally eat yummy fresh fruits and veggies.