heart theme

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Trip to the fire station










Jonas had a dream come true a little while ago. The fire station on post hosted a fire safety party for the kiddos. Since Jonas is obsessed with all forms of transportation this was right up his ally. We got some free lunch and goodies. Jonas got to jump in a bounce house, wave hello to Smokey the bear, and even sit inside a fire truck. James got in the driver seat with him and Jonas told him that he could go sit in the passenger seat.

The other pictures are: one of Jonas being a fireman (apparently the bucket on his head is actually his fire helmet which also doubles as his garbage can when he's pretending to be the garbage man), the last two are the before and after pictures of our backyard. We don't know what they're going to be building back there yet. Yeah it's pretty sad but we are getting over it. It does provide good entertainment for Jonas to be able to watch diggers and bulldozers out his back window every day.

8 comments:

mama bear said...

looks like he had a great time playing fireman! Hey, I was just looking at Jonas' little ride-on toy and remembering when you got it!

Mamu Lou said...

Caleb saw the pics and said, "is that me and a fire truck?" Uh, no Caleb that's Jonas but we're glad you know what you look like! Fun picks. Sad to see that all those beautiful trees are gone!!!

Anonymous said...

going to the fire station looks fun, I bet Noel will like that when she looks a little older.
cindy

Ken and Amy said...

The bucket on his head cracks me up!!! My kids are often found with tupperware on their heads, but never a bucket that big!!

Sad that your trees are gone.

Laura said...

I love that one of his impromptu fire helmut. Classic. :)

Seth said...

Sorry to see what happened to your backyard. At least you have a pretty good sized backyard. I love the picture of Jonas and the bucket. There's a reason they say buckets o' fun.

Sarah Scott said...

You just made my entire day! I checked your blog and saw the link to Home star runner. Yeah, I am way behind on Strongbad emails! Also, I downloaded the Strong bad Alarm clock. Strong bad is now telling me what time it is in a soothing tone.

I love Jonas checking out Smokey! "Even you" and all that...

Treadways said...

I love the fireman thing especially the helmet! Tyler sadly just grew out of his. He said, "Mom, I don't want to be a fireman anymore because if somebody is hurt I'm going to have to carry them. People are heavy!"