heart theme

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

winter bleh




My poor kids have been stuck in the cold while their mother tries to decide weather to try and get the furnace fixed or to get a whole new furnace. Luckily, it's getting warmer here already and will hopefully soon be back in the 60s. We've been huddling in blankets and coats and building lots of fires in the fireplace. We've also been stuck inside a lot. I've decided that I could just really do without winter altogether.

We had a fun Christmas despite our circumstances. Jonas got very excited for Santa to visit and fill his stocking. Savannah enjoyed playing with wrapping paper and boxes. She was also absolutely amazed by the Christmas tree. Every time she looked at it she got excited by the ornaments. She kept wanting me to hold her up and point out each ornament. We also went to a lake with some good friends here on Christmas Eve and then had Christmas dinner with them the next day.

Now it's on to 2010 and here's to hoping I can keep at least one of my 50 new years resolutions. At the top of my list is-don't turn into a crazy person this year. No it's not too late to make this goal really. Ok so maybe it is. :)





won't he be surprised by the next package he receives



her favorite hangout



a game of peek-a-boo with big brother



A new dress for Christmas from Grandma

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your furnace. I feel the same way about the cold, it can leave and never come back. We went spent some time outside yesterday for the first time in forever. I was giddy. I don't know if I can live in a state with snow.
Good luck with your resolution.haha
{I gave up on that a long time ago}

Kristin and Brandon Park said...

Amber... that's no fun! Hope you are hanging in there without your hubby around. Love ya girl.

Treadways said...

Crappy timing on the furnace! You should go on a trip to California to warm you up :]! I hope it all gets worked out for you. We need to figure out a time to visit you too. XOXO

Vanisi Family said...

No furnace? Cold temperatures? Yuck. Not good. Good thing Savannah has such a cute coat! I also hate winter. I was dreading it the whole drive from California. Hope to make it out soon!