heart theme

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Cold weather

Whenever the weather is bad I get the urge to bake something. This time it was a big ol batch of granola, with Jonas' help of course.












yesterday the kids were sitting in the front seat of the car while I gathered items into the bag before heading out, I opened the garage door to find this



Also the cold weather has driven me to do something I really never do. We went to Mcdonalds to get out of the house and have a warm place to play. They LOVED it, especially Jonas despite his second cheeseburger falling open and landing on the floor-and yes I just picked it up and brushed it off for him. It was a new burger.




As you can see in all these pictures, Jonas insists on wearing t-shirt and shorts no matter what the temperature outside.



Finally this evening it was just cool outside but not too cold so we spent a few minutes playing. We have two extremely fun toys in the front yard. A shovel and a tricycle. They each take a turn and then switch.



3 comments:

Treadways said...

I can't believe Jonas isn't wearing the safety goggles to make granola. Tell him he is in violation of Safety Code #1375... :]
Hope it warms up for you guys quickly! XOXO

Diana said...

Your kids are so cute! My kids are so ready for the warm weather too! It can't be too much further away, right?!

Mamu Lou said...

I love the outdoor toys- one of Caleb's favorites is a shovel. He would dig up all the flower beds if we let him...maybe I can just teach him to weed with that shovel!! Your kids are SO cute!