Trying to play catch up here cause I just haven't been taking the time to blog. So the following pictures are birthdays n holidays in a nutshell
We had Thanksgiving at home with just us. I was kind of sad about that at first but actually it ended up being a pretty fun and relaxing weekend. James kept the kids busy so I could cook. I tried to keep it simple since I knew my kids wouldn't eat a lot of the traditional foods anyways, but it turns out that I could have simplified even more because after we ate I realized that all they really care about is the turkey and the rolls and of course the pie. I just can't leave certain things out though, like sweet potato pie.
 |
Thanksgiving
As soon as Thanksgiving is over it's on to the birthdays. Jonas invited his good friend from our old neighborhood Jonathan to go to Jumpin Jacks with him. Savvy invited her friend Luke to the same place for a fun b-day activity.
|
 |
| He's 9 years old |
 |
| excited for cake, he special request was rasberries on top |
While in Salt Lake for Christmas, we went sledding. It's been a while since we've done this so some of the kids were hesitant at first, but all it took was one ride down the hill and they were hooked. Except for Dax he wasn't really liking it. Luke stayed with Granny.
 |
| chillin at Grandma's |
On Christmas Eve, we went to visit the aquarium with cousins T and C. In the evening we (the big people decided to forego previously made plans to visit temple square and opted for a quicker and much more easily accomplished watching of a neighbor's fancy light show.
We also had a great time hanging with the Powell side and going on a ride to see some beautiful Elk.
 |
| Atkinson cousins in Christmas Eve pjs |
 |
| Christmas morning |
 |
| Grandpapa and Luke |
So this year is flying by, can't believe we are now 2 months into 2015. Dax has started preschool which consists of me and a few friends trading off and trying to teach the kids. He is liking it and loves to feel like a big kid.
 |
He is so proud of his creation
We had also been blessed to have family come for a visit. We've had absolutely awesome weather and have enjoyed taking them to Dixie rocks
|
 |
| cousin M and Luke |
 |
| swimmimg in February rocks! |
No comments:
Post a Comment