heart theme

Sunday, August 17, 2008

kids tag









I loved getting the comments on my last post. We would really love to see anyone who could come visit us.
This is a tag from Jessica that I wanted to do a looong time ago but because we've been on vacation in Utah, I haven't been doing any posts.

The tag is to try and write 10 things about Jonas that most people don't know.

1- For a toddler, Jonas is a very good eater. He doesn't always eat a full meal, but he will try new things at least one small bite, and he knows most of the time we won't make him a different meal so he will eat at least a few bites of whatever we're eating.

2-Most people know that Jonas is quite the mommas boy but he also loves to imitate his Dad. He loves everything that James loves for example: salsa and chips, helicopters, pickup trucks, guitars, red hot chilli peppers and wheezer, dogs, and of course he's obsessed with star wars. I tried to get him into Pride and Prejudice thinking that he would at least enjoy the horseback riding, but he told me "I don't like this movie".

3-Jonas is becoming more and more social all the time. Sometimes he has started saying hi to random strangers, (not a good thing) but he also loooves being around other kids especially older kids. He plays with other kids pretty well, most of the time, but is also not shy about defending himself or his space.

4-Jonas loves music (when it's not too loud) and loves to dance. We took him to a free concert in the park in SLC and he had soo much fun dancing around and was so into it that he was running into people.

5- Jonas has developed quite the affinity for the garbage man. A highlight of the week for Jonas has been watching the garbage man from the front window dump our garbage and then saying "thank-you garbage man". His cousin had a toy garbage can that Jonas was quite entertained with. He also thinks that talking about stinky garbage is extremely funny.

6- Like Isaac, the first things out of Jonas' mouth in the morning are about food, usually, "I want milk" or "Can I have some raisin nutbrown?" This is usually at between 5:30 and 6:00 am

7-Jonas is good at speaking and can pretty much put his point accross without too much difficulty. He is always surprising us with the things that he repeats such as the sacrament prayer, or lines from movies and songs or our own words for example :"look at me!!" or "shut the door" or he is now starting some of his sentences with the word "actually" yes it's great to get corrected by a 2 yr old. Today, he sang the new wheezer song "Pork and Beans" during sacrament.

8-Jonas has some sensory issues, for example he doesn't like the feel of finger paint on his hands, he used to get upset at the wind because he thought he was going to blow away, he doesn't like anything to be too loud, and this summer we had to listen to him say this a lot: "there's something in my shoe" he doesn't like the feel of sand on his feet and he also doesn't really like the feel of grass on his bare feet. On the other hand he will eat things like lemons. Weird.

9- Jonas loooves books and I love that about him. He is starting to get into longer story books now, which is great. I just love the fact that he has the attention span to sit and listen to a few stories and usually a lot more than a few.

10-Jonas has always been extremely stubborn and strong willed which leads to some very hard to deal with behavior, but he can also be very sweet and I love the fact that he still wants to cuddle or curl up in my arms and let me rock him, of course that's only at certain times of the day in between running around and playing.



I tag: Caleb, Tyler, Leki or Enos or both, Abby H., and Abby C.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I didn't know most those things so it's nice to learn them. Too bad we aren't closer so we can get to know him.