heart theme

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Blessings














I'm sitting here listening to Mannheim Steamroller "Still Nacht" while baby Savannah sleeps in her bouncer all bundled up. I'm so humbled by the blessings we have right now. I can't believe all that we've been given. What a wonderful Christmas gift. We are soo thankful that our baby girl is finally here and is healthy. We're so happy that she is part of our family now. She was born at 3:53 am on the 12th. She weighed 7lbs 12 oz and was 19 inches long. We were very curious to see if she would have red hair but she was born with dark brown hair and we really can't decide who she looks like so if you have an opinion let us know. Grandma Atkinson has been here doing so much for us and taking very good care of us. Jonas is really happy about having a new baby sister and seems to be handling the change pretty well so far. According to him our baby's name is "baby zoovanna". He likes to give her kisses on the head and when he hasn't seen her for a while he'll ask "hey where's your baby?". We also celebrated his birthday earlier this month with a trip to Chuckee Cheeses. I'm never going there on a Saturday afternoon ever again. I might not ever go there again anyways, but that was a bad time to go. Oh well. Jonas had fun. December will always be a fun but very busy time of year for us. At least the two birthdays didn't fall on the same day. I'm just so grateful for all of our blessings right now.

16 comments:

Mamu Lou said...

Congrats Amber, James and Jonas! We are very excited for you and your little family. She looks adorable. Can't wait to see more even more photos and who knows...maybe even see her in person one of these days.

Anonymous said...

So sweet. I am so happy for you guys, and so impressed you did it all natural!
You look amazing in your picture, so good for just having had a baby.
I think the baby looks like your Mom, but who really knows, time always tells.
Congrads! Congrads! Thanks for posting your beautiful girl!

Angie said...

Yay!!! I've been thinking about you and wondering if you'd had her. She's adorable! Congratulations!! It's so fun, yet exhausting, to have a new baby in the home. I'm glad your mom could come out to help you.

Sarah Scott said...

Congratulations!!! She is absolutely perfect! What a wonderful gift. We look forward to many more pictures!

Melanie said...

Congratulations! Gosh, she's gorgeous! I can't tell who she looks like yet, but I'm so excited to see more photos and to watch her grow. What a beautiful baby. We're so happy for you guys and we're so glad that things went well.

Vanisi Family said...

I'm so happy for you guys. I love the pictures! I hope the transition goes well.
Love you!

Jessica said...

Congrats, she's just beautiful. I'm so happy for you all. I wish I could be there right now to hold her.

mama bear said...

Amber, you look great and Savannah is such a beautiful little girl! That is one of my favorite names you know, but Brett would never let me use it - glad you got it!! Congratulations, I hope all is going well.

Laura said...

Congratulations on your little beauty. She'll fit perfectly in your cute family.

Lorrie and Mike Eckerdt said...

Amber and James:

What a cutie! I asked Preston on Sunday what her name was and he looked at me with that look he has (almost scared!). I said, "You can't remember?" He said, "No." I told him that that was okay I'd ask Grandpa, ha! Funny kid. Tell your Mom, "HI!", and that your Dad is ready for her to come home. Seems like every time she leaves one of the boys had to give a talk! Wesley did great. Again, glad all is well.

Emily said...

Congratulations! She's a doll!

Liz said...

Oh happy day! Congratulations on sweet baby Suzanna. She is beautiful and it is always a plus when the older sibling wants to kiss the baby not hit the baby. How fun to have such a busy December. I hope Santa brings you a good night sleep!

Ken and Amy said...

HOORAY, she's finally here! And what a doll she is! Congrats to your family. Wish I was closer to bring you a hot meal or let Jonas come play.

Russ and Emily Christman said...

Congrats on your new addition. She is adoreable! This is Emily Fletcher /Christman. Glad to hear all have adjusted well.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Amber! I was talking with Jenifer on Sunday and she said she thought you might have had your baby since she hadn't had an email from you. So I decided to check up on your blog! We wish you all the best! Things are going great for us...Jed is home! We will be moving at the begining of february. Congrats again...enjoy that baby girl!

Diana said...

Congrats on your new baby girl! She is beautiful!