heart theme
Thursday, March 26, 2009
Typical Jonas
I just wanted to record a funny incident so typical of Jonas' personality so I'm going to share it. Last week James was gone again with the brigade. It was dinner time and we had just gotten back from Wal Mart where I quickly went to get some orajel to stop my teething 3 month old from screaming in pain. As we got out of the car Jonas started playing in the driveway. I told him to come inside so of course he starts running away from me. We don't have sidewalks here so he starts running down the street in the gutter. He ran into the circle next to our house. Meanwhile the next door neighbor kid is playing with his super huge fast remote control truck. As it speeds past him, Jonas flies into a panic crying and screaming and running right towards the road where a car is coming. Luckily the car saw him and pretty much came to a complete stop. I picked Jonas up and explained what a remote control car was and pointed out the remote in the boy's hand. Jonas quickly calmed down and immediately following his last shudder and sniffle he tells me, "I wish I had a remote control car". Ya have to know the kid, but this is so his personality-defiant, high strung, very strong willed, and strangely fascinated with things that scare him. Of course he's got a lot of very good qualities as well which make him very lovable. So exasperating but so lovable at the same time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Poor guy, I wonder what he was thinking when he saw that truck.
I've never met Jonas, but I love him! I love reading about all the funny things he says and does. What a fun personality!
How funny, I can totally picture it! And what's up with a teething 3 month old?! Madi just got her first tooth at 11 months!
Post a Comment