heart theme

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Fun with bugs and a trip

My kids Love to watch bugs.... what kids don't? This is them having fun with a fuzzy caterpiller. They were both fascinated.


Savannah is holding a stick in this picture which she was using to poke the caterpiller. She was alternately poking, and squealing and laughing at him.




Lucky for them there can be a lot to look in right in our yard. We've had frogs, toads, a turtle, grasshoppers, huge spiders, baby kittens, lizards and...















Jonas came running into the house very excited the other night telling me that there was a snake in the yard so I followed him out and found this snake slithering through the grass. I soon discovered that it was a venemous copperhead! Yikes! I hope that's the last we see of him. Jonas wanted to go look for him after he slithered away. He was in barefeet so I let him know that wasn't a good idea. So he got on his tractor and drove it around looking for the snake, after a while he came back in the house and said "what was I looking for again mom?"






Thanks to my friend Amy who let me borrow her vehicle, we got to go to the SC temple with some of the young women in our ward. I am grateful for the chance we got to visit. The kids had fun climbing all over and enjoying the beautiful flowers. I loved being there too and feeling the peace and perspective that always comes when visiting the temple. I also liked driving a minivan complete with dvd player which made the 3 hr each way trip easier with 2 little ones in the back. I'm excited to be a minivan mom someday.













and now for random pics




Savannah put herself in the timeout chair




Jonas tried to surf on the couch


1 comment:

Melanie said...

Yikes on the copperhead! I remember we used to get water moccasins in North Carolina. I'm so not a fan of snakes!