heart theme

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Thanksgiving








We ended up in Mississippi for Thanksgiving this year as we visited with James' cousin and his wife and daughter who is the same age as Jonas. We had a lot of fun. The town where they live is just outside of Memphis so we spent the next day in Memphis. We took a tour of Graceland which I've always wanted to do but never thought that I would be doing it in connection with the Thanksgiving holiday. It was very crowded and we were not allowed to take our strollers in so James had the privilege of holding Jonas almost the whole time. At one point Jonas was standing and holding my hand and in less than a second he was under the ropes and in Elvis' Hawaii room. Yikes! Thanks to James' quick action he caught Jonas right before he would have been out of reach. Jonas let out a very loud "OOOOUUUCH!!!" which was a little embarrassing but much less embarrassing than having your child violating Elvis' house and possible touching his precious aritfacts and furniture. We also got to visit this famous hotel where they keep live ducks in their lobby and walk down Beal street. On the way home we happened to eat lunch right next to a Casey Jones train museum in Jackson TN. Jonas was in heaven.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Sounds fun. I've always wanted to check out Memphis. I have a cousin that moved close by recently, so maybe...Happy Holidays!

Melanie said...

Looks like you had a fun Thanksgiving! Cute pics and I hope the rest of the holidays are awesome for you guys!