heart theme

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Tornado Weather

The last couple of days have been so warm here which we though was great but then we were warned by locals that it's actually a bad sign of tornado weather. Last night, in the middle of the night, the wind was howling and the thunder was booming so loudly that it woke us all up. Then the rain started driving against the house so loudly that I thought it was hail and that it was actually coming in. I got up and checked on Jonas. He was trying to sleep through it all by covering his ears but he never got scared by any of it. Then this loud siren was wailing and there was even a voice with the siren although I couldn't tell what it was saying. It was the tornado warning and I'm sure we should have taken cover in a closet or bathroom. Instead, we just stayed in bed and after a while all was quiet and we were able to go back to sleep. I was sorry to hear of people who had died and had their homes wrecked by the storm. I think next time, I will definitely take cover as advised. Last night despite the warmer weather here, I was missing the safety of Salt Lake's beautiful mountains. What is worse, putting up with a whole mess of snow, ice, and freezing wind, or potentially dying and/or having your house wrecked by a tornado?

4 comments:

Mamu Lou said...

Yikes- I tried to call you guys when I saw it was right over Clarksville! I'm glad to hear that you are all okay. I just don't know what to think about this Tennessee weather!

Jessica said...

Scary, I'm glad you're ok but I'm also glad that you're going to take cover next time.

Treadways said...

Did I mention California has no tornadoes OR snow? :]

Amber said...

California's lookin pretty good to me